Health Benefits of Foxtail Millets
- Foxtail Millets lowers the risk of diabetes. It helps to lower blood glucose levels and improve insulin response in the body.
- It has low Glycemic Index, which ranks carbs by how much they raise food glucose levels compared to a reference food. Therefore, millets increase satiety, decrease hunger and slows down the rate of digestion. Millets release sugar slowly in our blood and enable to work for long durations.
- Foxtail Millets are a rich source of phosphorus which is an important mineral for energy production and is an essential component of ATP – the energy store of the body.
- It is low on allergenic.
- Foxtail Millets also acts as a cofactor for more than 300 enzymes.
- It does not contain gluten, it is a good grain alternative for people who are gluten-sensitive.
- Lignans present in millets are thought to protect against breast cancer as well as heart diseases.
- It is high on antioxidants. It can be used to get rid of the toxins that go rampant inside the body. A toxin-free body is obviously a healthy one.